?? 7 Bills To Negotiate
Use the script above to negotiate these bills and save more.
1. Credit Card - See about an interest rate deduction or switching to another card with better rewards (but no additional fees).
2. Cable/Satellite - Discuss the services offered. You may be able to get a better deal bundled or by eliminating channels you don't watch.
3. Cell Phone - Review your plan and shop around. You may not want to switch carriers, but if one of the competitors offers a better deal, you can use that to negotiate.
4. Internet - If you signed on with a special offer that expired, call in and see what they would do to keep you.
5. Medical - Hospitals and medical offices negotiate bills all the time; however, it's usually the insurance companies that do the negotiating. If you have a bill, it doesn't hurt to try.
6. Insurance Premiums - By negotiating or shopping around, you can lower the cost of life, auto, motorcycle, homeowner's, and renter's insurance premiums.
7. Rent - Have good standing as their tenant? You may be able to negotiate cheaper rent if they want to keep you.
Before negotiating any bill, remember - Preparing is half the battle.